Thursday 5 May 2011

*Customer Service Review* O2 Lincoln

Picture found on www.google.co.uk
O2 online - Link
Okay so this is going to be one of my more serious reviews and is purely based on the customer service at O2 Lincoln inside Waterside.


As you may or may not know, i am [Not] a proud owner of a Sony Ericsson X10i (BOOM NAME AND SHAME!) and i've had one handset have a "Catastrophic system failure" and the second replacement handset has literately just done the same thing after 5 months. I rang up Sony Ericsson help line and came through to an operator who basically said its O2's problem. I said "Okay, Thanks ill go through them."


DAY 1 - The Prelude


So i ring them up and demand that i have a new DIFFERENT handset. Obviously there was some struggle with tem understanding the situation but they finally got it when I mentioned im not paying the bill. Half an hour on hold went by and they announced "We can give you an Iphone 3GS for 75 pound charge" admittedly it was a good offer, however it was reconditioned and why should i pay for a phone which im not satisfied with. It should ave been free. The operators good will was greatly appreciated but I just couldn't allow them to take me for even more of a ride.


DAY 2 (Today) - The review.


I walk into a busy O2 store with three people behind the popular "Guru bar" Or to me and you, "The counter." I look around at the Very good and well thought out displays, showing offers, latest phones and tablets on offer/sale. A guy wearing the odd shirt out come up to me and says "Sorry for your wait, Can I help" he seemed a nice guy so I explained all of my situation and said "... so its bricked, its a geek term" The term "bricked" as im sure your aware means its useless or to better put it:

[Bricked - An electrical gadget which cannot serve its desired purpose and cannot perform basic operations; I.E Turn on]


So he says "Ahh im not a geek, Ill let you speak to one of these guys" rather jokingly and walks off. Enter the Face palm!!


I finally get greeted to possibly the best employee in the customer service sector I have ever spoken to. Well presentable and great manners, he understood my situation and was extremely knowledgeable about how to sort my situation out with no hassle. A great man to talk too and just made me feel as if I was being truly cared for. I walk in a pissed off irritable bastard, I walk out with a loan phone and feeling pretty good and relived there is good service out there.


So Mr Paulo De Oliveira. Well done you sir, You truly deserve a promotion or some kind of inter-company recognition award for the service you provide!

(I have asked for mr. Paulo De Oliveira's permission for using his name and will be notified on publication.)


SO overall id give the customer service on the phone a 7 out of 10 as its not perfect but it can be improved. However, In store i'd happily give a 10 of 10 Easily. 


So if you want a phone with O2 i heavily suggest you go instore!



No comments:

Post a Comment