Sunday 8 May 2011

Lego Star Wars 3 (Xbox 360) *REVIEW*

Finally got around to it...
Okay so you might have hazard a guess that in my last VG review I left a nice little Subtle Hint that i would be reviewing a game from the marvel that is "Lego" and the "Tt games" institute. Of course, This is the review on Lego Star Wars 3.

Prelude - Back story

So Pissed off, I rush into my local Media rental centre with Portal 2 in my grasp (As you may remember from a previous review) where i'm happily greeted to the words of "Oh your the portal guy then, Get another game of your choice and well just strait swap it!" My face was froze in shock and awe only comparable to.. well what I can only describe as a shocked "Manga" Face.

I approached the rentals wall and two games caught my eye, Lego Star Wars 3... Or... Call Of Duty Black Ops... Man how much I wanna kill those bastards Einie, Meanie, Miney and Moe.

So i drive home all excited thinking, "YEAH!!!!!! LEGO!!!!!" I come to a traffic light and am forced to stop by the furious, glowing red beacon. when I read the blurb on the back... I look up and drop the case thinking... "I didn't like the clone wars saga cartoons...." turns out, It follows one film (Episode 2) and the cartoons.... Brilliant :/

The studio/Den/My room/Hole - The review begins

So I placed the game disk in the Console, Sat down and waited to get in the game. I'm quite pleasently surprised with the detailing that the developers are starting to put into the Lego genre Games. There's a fight scene in the back ground of the menus which i couldn't do anything but watch. After a while, I got bored and happily pressed play; So far so good.

I get greeted to the comedy that are the Lego cut scenes where it evidently shows that the developers want to include that classic humour which has followed the Lego games series.
The cut-scene ends where i'm quite happily learning the controls in the footsteps of Padmé, Anakin and Obe-wan. a fight with some monster ass things continue and then...

 HOLYCHRIST.com!
(Not a real website so i'm aware)

The game engine and the Xbox get one hell of a battering with the sheer amount of graphics and AI it has to read. The screen is FULL of droids... This is absolutely amazing and makes you really kick some ass... makes me wish martin Lawrence was with me... You know what he'll say.. "This shit just got real."

After the initial tutorial level your left in a ship.... I thought, Oh okay Screw you society i'm exploring. i run to the lift... "1/3 gold bricks" (God damn....)

Well i say God damn, I like the collectable features in these collection of games because when going back levels, you have different characters and then use  their ability's... I actually found my self loving this later on in the game.

So i figure a couple of levels need playing, I approach the centre console. WOW. The menus are that which would compete with the minority report. I LOVE the way that all the menus are in the same place and not dotted around a massive building which proved tedious in Lego Indiana Jones. Also the details of having to warp to different galaxies to different levels... Om nom nom.

So basically, these features do provide [To me] a vital aspect to the games enjoyability factor. However, when I play games, especially on the Xbox speaking in a party... I. PLAY. GAMES.

I found my self bored within 15 mins of the first level. Its just the fact that my head there was a little voice saying "Hang on, ive basically just done that.... and that... and that" and what used to be fun, rapidly turned into boredom and also being quite tedious. i found me being bored of the Xbox all together :/ Bad times.

So overall this game deserve a nice meaty 8/10. Because to me playability factor in a game is important but the boredom after 15 mins just doesn't give it a right to have a 9. 

Next Weeks Round Up!

Next up? Oh my lovelies, you have a few bi-polar choices to look forward too:

My first Gadget review! (Dependant on the outcome of O2's decision on my new phone.)
My second Customer Service review! (Autoglass Windscreen Chip repair/replacement.)
And if I get chance too... Possibly another game review! (Brink Xbox 360!)

Also don't forget, TheWinOfTheWeek pod casts will make another episode tomorrow with me, our regular Mr. billy gill and one of our loveable random Guests) and maybe possibly next weekend?? 

Oh, and before I go a BIGUP! the Readers in USA, Russia, Singapore and all over the world! Thanks for the ratings!

So untill tomorrow:

You stay fresh... Planet earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment